Summer Reading Recs
The summer season is filled with travel plans, weekend activities, and days in the sun with our loved ones. Routine tends to go out the window to make space for all the fun summertime activities.
Over the next few months, the HP Pres pastoral staff has compelled a list of books to keep people connected to our church family and engaged in our faith. We know that “for everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven” (Ecclesiastes 3:1). No matter the season, there is opportunity for you to grow in your faith.
Feel free to read any of these selections on your own or grab a friend to buddy read one together. We hope you are looking forward to diving into this summer reading list and we’ll see you at HP Pres soon!
Find your next read below or check out upcoming HP Pres book clubs at hppres.org/events.
- The Book of Proverbs
- Living Life Backward by David Gibson
- Tell Her Story by Nijay Gopta
- The Deeply Formed Life by Rich Villodas
- Habits of the Household by Justin Earley
- The Rest of God by Mark Buchanan
- Hearing God by Dallas Willard
- Reading While Black by Easu McCaulley
- Liturgy of the Ordinary by Tish Harrison Warren
- Becoming Dallas Willard by Gary Moon
- You Are What You Love by James K.A. Smith
- Whole by Aaron Williams
- It’s Not Supposed to be This Way by Lisa TerKeurst
- Live No Lies by John Mark Comer
- Art + Faith by Makoto Fujimura
- Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
- The Gospel Story Bible by Marty Machowski
- What Am I Feeling by Dr. Josh and Christi Straub
- Resolving Everyday Conflict by Ken Sande and Kevin Johnson
- Afraid of All Things by Scarlet Hiltibidal