Session Update – September 2022
The Session of Highland Park Presbyterian Church is the ruling body of our congregation, charged with governance, overseeing the Church’s spiritual health, and guiding its mission for Christ in the world. To better do this, the Session frequently communicates with the congregation of HP Pres to report its decisions and activities.
On Monday, September 26, our Session met after a time of prayer and fasting to discuss leading HP Pres. Below are some of the highlights from the meeting that you should be aware of and pray for this next month. If you have questions or feedback about any of these topics, you can contact the Session at hppres.org/elders.
- Cameron Beaty, Pastor of Peak Street Church, shared about the growth at Peak Street Church, and the Session celebrated the 4th anniversary of Peak Street Church.
- Andrew Franklin, Pastor of Good Shepherd Oak Cliff, shared details about the upcoming launch of Good Shepherd Oak Cliff on October 7. The Session spent time in prayer over our newest member of our family of churches. Learn more at goodshepherdoakcliff.org.
- Our Chinese Mandarin Church shared the good news about a potential church plant near Texas Instruments and UT-Dallas in Richardson, TX. More information will be shared about this soon.
- Charlie Dunn, Pastor of Grace Church Lake Highlands, shared about the growth at Grace Church Lake Highlands and the plans underway to purchase and renovate their church building. The Session voted on and approved two motions to enable Grace Church Lake highlands to begin fundraising for these developments.
- The Operations Committee shared great news about our 2021-2022 budget. Preliminary numbers from the recently closed fiscal year show that we met our giving goals. Thank you for giving to Highland Park Presbyterian Church; your gifts will enable us to launch strongly into another year of ministry as we help people find and follow Jesus.
The Session of HP Pres