The Path Ahead – Part One
This past weekend, your Session gathered together at our annual retreat. Let me highlight for you some of the action steps coming out from the prayer-filled gathering. I’m calling this “Part One” because I will continually update you on the search for our next senior pastor in the months ahead.
- We spent time remembering and reflecting on the legacy of Bryan’s leadership for the last nine years.
- We celebrated God’s goodness in what he is doing among us. Friends, God is fully alive and moving in our midst! If you are into numbers and metrics, click here.
- In February, there will be a church-wide survey, focus groups, and a series of interviews to assess the health and vision of our church. You will be asked to participate.
- Our elders agreed to charge the Governance Coordinating Committee with forming a Slate Making Task Force, which will seek recommendations from the congregation for a Pastor Nominating Committee. What does that mean in plain English? In the coming weeks, we’ll be asking you to submit names of women and men who will make up the search team. Be on the lookout for more details next week about the search process and instructions on how to submit those names.
- We also passed a motion to approve the ordination of our very own Sterling White. Sterling has been an integral part of our church for years, and if you’ve had a chance to get to know her, I know you’ve been blessed by her love for others and her passion for Christ. We get to ordain her as HP Pres’ newest pastor on Sunday, Feb. 11, in our 11 am Sanctuary service.